[Product name]: Pivalic Acid
Pivalic acid is also called trimethylacetic acid, pivalic acid, tert-valeric acid, 2,2-dimethylpropionic acid.
[Molecular formula]: C5H10O2
[CAS No]: 75-98-9
[Physical and chemical properties]:
White needle-like crystal or colorless to slightly yellow liquid, melting point: 33-35 ° C, boiling point: 163-164 ° C, flash point ≥
65 ° C, density 0.905 (50 ° C), soluble in ethanol and ether, soluble in water 1g per 40ml.
Appearance: solid is colorless needle-like crystal, liquid colorless or slightly yellow liquid;
[Packing and packaging]: PE reinforced barrel, net weight 180㎏ / barrel, can also be packed according to user requirements.
1. Used in the production of pharmaceutical intermediate pivaloyl chloride;
2. Used for the production of prednisone, psoriasis ointment, divalproate adrenaline, etc .;
3. Pinazone used in the production of pesticide intermediates;
4. Additives for soaps, shampoos, and hair gels in the daily chemical industry;
5. Used as initiator in coating and plastic industry.
[Production capacity]: 20,000 tons / year.